Friday, October 3, 2014

Black and White Paintings with a Splash of Color by Pete Schulte

 I use a lot of color in my paintings, so much so that every now and then I like to change it up and use as little color as possible. Color still seeps into these paintings, but at least it doesn't dominate.

Home Sweet Home is loosely based on a book I was reading at the time called 'Wild Surge of Guilty Passion' by Ron Hansen. It tells the story of Ruth Snyder, who murdered her husband with the help of her lover. They were both executed in 1928. 

The next painting I call 'Dream Sequence #4.' I like the larger male character the best. It appears as if the weight of the world is on his shoulders. 

The final painting in this black and white series I call 'Night Fever.' I wanted to do an early autumn painting and this was the result. 


No comments:

Post a Comment