Thursday, September 4, 2014

Miki Reviews Chris Pavone's, The Accident

cover photo courtesy of tatteredcover.com
On Shelves Now!
The Accident by Chris Pavone

My first experience with Chris Pavone's writing was with the audio version of his novel, The Expats.  The book was a fun and exciting CIA thriller with a kick ass woman as the main character.  I can't tell you how many turns I missed or how many phone calls I ignored as I got stuck in the world Pavone created.

When I found out that Pavone had another CIA novel hitting bookstores, I just could not wait to get my hands on a copy.  Luckily for me, when The Accident reached my reading pile, I was not disappointed.  Furthermore, when I realized that the book was a CIA thriller in the publishing world, I nearly leaped out of my skin and into the pages of the book.

As a self-proclaimed book nerd (others will also vouch for me too), books about the book world really get me going. This one, however, may be one of the best I have ever read.  I work for a publishing company, and this book made me feel less like a nerd and way more like that kick ass female in The Expats.  

The subject matter is not the only gold star awarded to this novel.  The writing is smart, the plot is thick, and the word thriller does not do the book justice.  I hope Pavone writes a novel every summer, because this is what I call pleasure reading.

"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

2 comments:

  1. I want to read this book, and his other novel, with such a stellar review from my favorite "book nerd" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check and see if my mom has a copy of the first one. If so, you are welcome to borrow it. I think you would like these, Stace.

      Delete