Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pete took Miki on a day trip. Here is what she had to say...

 Today, we finally made the trip out to Keenesburg, Colorado to visit The Wild Animal Sanctuary.  I think this might be one of my all time places.  To read the stories of the animals and see how happy they are now that they have been rescued was truly moving.  It is heartbreaking to hear about tiger cubs dying in overheated cars and horrible people exploiting these rare and majestic animals.  I am so happy that there is a place that cares so much and rescues so many of these poor deprived creatures. I also think that it is such a treasure to have such amazing animals so close to my house.  Now I know that if I am ever having a hard day, in 45 minutes I can be watching bears play in the pool, lions snore (roar in their sleep), and beautiful tigers run around.  If that doesn't put a smile on your face, nothing will.  If you are not close to Keenesburg, here are some photos to get you through until you can book a trip.

















No comments:

Post a Comment